Haven’t talked about breakfast much, but this is Aurora’s favorite. Don’t let her see this by the way. She just had jaw surgery and won’t be able to eat anything like this for a few months!
This is just a simple scramble – completed from start to finish in about 6-minutes. This is great with a little breakfast porridge, fried potatoes, or some other starchy goodness. The key is adding cheese at the right time so that the consistency of the eggs stays super creamy, wet, and smooth – no rubbery eggs in this video.
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- Small pinch chopped jalapeno
- 1.5T butter
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 2 big pastured eggs
- Salt or money spice to taste
- Sautee onions and peppers in butter until soft
- Add spinach and jalapeno and cook for an additional minute until soft
- Add 2 eggs and the cheese
- Stir like a maniac until cooked
- Season with a little salt if needed
- Serve on a small plate that says “Gringo” on it