Over at the 180 Blog, it’s timely that someone just commented on the goitrogenic properties of raw crucifers – cabbage in particular. And here we go, with some raw cabbage! I do discuss the fallacy that the goitrogenic property of cabbage is a big deal in the video for this easy-to-make and tasty side salad.
- 1/4 head of cabbage, shredded
- 1 carrot shredded (julienned red bell pepper is even betta)
- 1/2 serrano pepper – thinly sliced
- Hanful of roughly-chopped cilantro
- Splash of fish sauce or soy sauce (plain old salt is okay too)
- 1-2 T rice wine vinegar, lime juice, or a combination of the two