The Mignon Man March is going strong. Here’s the next installment – quick and easy (and smoky) blackened beef tenderloin. This one combines several prior episodes of 180 Kitchen, as I dust the tenderloin with the seasoning blend from the last post, and serve it with parmesan polenta (a former post) and wilted spinach (the first 180 Kitchen post).
1) Coat top and bottom of the tenderloin with blackening spice.
2) Sear on high heat until a nice crust forms on both the top and the bottom.
3) Lightly sear the remaining sides.
4) Place in oven at 350 degrees F until cooked to your liking. If rare, you can skip the oven step.
5) Slice in the middle and serve with some yummy starch and a side of vegetables for a perfect meal.
Next in the Mignon line up is tartare! Stay tuned!